NYC DOT has put together a selection of bicycle rides that we suggest you try out if you are riding your bike this summer. This is a guide for individuals seeking healthy recreation options while experiencing new bike infrastructure and exploring exciting destinations in NYC.
COVID-19 Specific Reminders for Riding
- Practice Social Distancing by remaining at least 6 feet, or at least one bicycle length, between you and others.
- Wear a face covering while bicycling. It is not possible to socially distance at intersections and in some bike lanes.
- Practice good hand hygiene always. Wash your hands with warm water and soap or use hand sanitizer. Always wash hands after being outside and remember to wipe the handlebars before and after you ride.
- Do not go for group rides with people who live outside of your household. Only ride with people you are already staying with at home and, when passing someone else on the road, leave as much space as you can to ensure you are adhering to social distancing best practices.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Have fun – the mental and physical benefits of riding are extra important during this stressful time.
Three Borough Bike Tour - Manhattan to Brooklyn to Queens
DOT Permanent Art Projects Self-Guided Bike Tour